Monday, January 21, 2008

McWane Center, Birmingham
~Went out with great friends Brian and Paula Miller and their 5 kids. It's like a big science/play place for kids. They had a blast. It was Kathryn's first IMAX experience, as well. She kept saying, "It's so dark I can't see anything" and "That scared me to deff!" ;o)



Paula with youngest cutie~ Kaelyn















Brenna and Alex getting some quiet time in the chaos













Kathryn in front of a wind-tunnel thingie~ doesn't this look like an ad labeled 'fascination' or 'wonder' or something?















I want to say Kathryn's pretending to shop at Publix, but it looks more like she's shopLIFTING! ;o)












Nathan + hundreds of little shrieking children = this! (Don't be offended, ye lovers of munchkins~ this was after four hours. For an engineer, that's an eternity!)


5 comments:

Julia said...

Charity;

I'm trying to catch up on reading everyone's blogs. So enjoyed catching up with you. Love the Kathryn stories. Too funny. I can identify with Nate, about an hour of crying and hearing "I want it" and "Come down Johnnie, I mean it" and I'm so done! I enjoyed reading your MLK posts too. Wow, very interesting, a neat peak into your past.
I hope all is well with you all.

Julia said...

ps I am VERY impressed with the sewing you go, Martha Stewart!

Anonymous said...

Such enjoyable blogging you are doing these days!! So much enjoyed your thoughts on color, racism, etc. May the writing continue!

And I loved the pic of Nathan. God love his heart. :)

sarahmfry said...

We never did visit the McWayne center, but it looks like it's a blast.

sarahmfry said...

Sorry - McWane?