Thursday, September 25, 2008
A Yummy Success!
I tried out a new recipe last night on our church family. Several have asked for the recipe, so here it is.
For those of you who requested my specific substitutions/variations:
1. instead of butter-flavored shortening ~ equal amount of softened Blue Bonnet margarine
2. instead of all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt ~ equal amount of self-rising flour
3. instead of spices, I used pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon to taste
4. in the frosting, I used margarine instead of butter
5. oh, yes... I also halved the recipe
Note: It says 11 dozen! The halved recipe made about 3 1/2 dozen. I guess mine were a bit larger than theirs ;o)
Go for it, gals. These were delicious and so very fall-ish!!!
Posted by Charity at 1:02 PM