I've been tagged a few times, so here's 25 things ~ randomish about me...
1. I grew up as one of five kids.
2. My parents are both dark-haired, dark-eyed. Go figure. 3 of us kids are blond.
3. I've had a crush on Nathan since I was 12.
4. When I was a kid, I was scared of bathtub drains (some kid in FL told me he flushed an alligator egg, and I thought its offspring might pop through the hole)
5. My mother has 37 first cousins, my grandmother had 57, I have only 10. We must be dwindling.
6. I love apple and peanut butter sandwiches.
7. I also love buttercream frosting on saltines.
8. I taught myself to read at 3 while listening to a Richard Scarry children's dictionary tape set; I don't remember not being able to read.
9. Because I could read, I was required to go to 1st grade reading in kindergarten, 2nd grade reading in 1st grade. When we moved, I had to repeat 5th grade reading because the new school wouldn't allow me to do that anymore.
10. I am terrified of snakes.
11. I spent most of my summer days as a kid with purple fingers, from shelling purple hull peas.
12. My favorite childhood books were Little House on the Prairie.
13. I remember my first exposure to foreign language: some Asians at Rock City on the swinging bridge; I was captivated!
14. I have a B.A. in Spanish with a minor in linguistics.
15. Our wedding date was the same as my grandparents, Joyce and Ponder Frederick.
16. My mom's dad died the week of my wedding.
17. Nathan and I are on our fifth golden Syrian hamster, Squeak V.
18. Living with Nathan IS like living with a great Bible commentary set, and a lot more exciting ;o)
19. Kathryn is as strong-willed as I am, which I hear is pretty scary ;o)
20. I love all crooners from the 40's.
21. I love to bake all kinds of goodies; just made some homemade Almond Joy bars this week.
22. If I were rich, I would always have fresh flowers in my house.
23. When I die, I want to be buried (just checking if you're still here ;o)
24. (running out of thoughts....) My normal wake-up time is 5:30 a.m. ugh....
25. Nathan is the only man I ever kissed.