Sunday, February 12, 2012

POST #5

The Decision

My first semester at college was busy. A mercy I must say, since I had a lot on my mind. When Nathan's birthday came around in October, I knew it was time. We had never told each other that 3 word phrase, the "I love you!" We had decided not to say it unless we were absolutely sure, and we were planning to marry. So I threw that bombshell into my one letter of communication for the semester. Then that reciprocal phrase ended up in my little mailbox, and the roses came and the phone call of one very relieved young man. That Christmas was the best I'd ever had. What a joy to have finally found the one, to never have to look again. To never worry about the decision of marriage again. And he held my hand. And it was oh, so sweet.

He flew me home from Hobe Sound in February for my birthday, and his secret engagement plans (more on that later). As Heather Dickinson mentioned in her love story post, this was all pre-9/11. There was always something so poignant about those last few minutes at the gate, at the window. And something so thrilling about watching your love's plane land safely and looking for them to come up the ramp. Such sweet memories that hanging out at baggage claim don't seem to be able to create...

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

I laughed at your "hanging out at baggage claim" line! Hilarious!

SO GLAD that in This Post things are looking upward for y'all now...
Can't wait to read the rest!! =)

~Heather~

Leslie said...

I am loving these posts. I feel like I'm reading a love story..so romantic and sweet and pure. Im so glad I know how the story ends. :-)