Monday, April 16, 2012

Adornment Lesson is Here!

Last night, Nathan presented a one hour lesson on adornment. The audio and written material may be found at his website www.disciplingnewconverts.org under 'Other Articles.' The topics of jewelry, makeup, the wedding ring, watches, etc. are all covered in this lesson.

Nathan spent upwards of 30 hours on this lesson in the evenings of the last few weeks! He had 10 versions of it written out from all different viewpoints that he put the Scripture against. I can't wait to hear what ya'll think about this latest lesson! I can guarantee you've never heard it this way before. Even if you disagree with some of his conclusions, the lesson is tailored toward the idea of a 'makeover,' and includes lots of ideas on what we should 'put on' everyday. So see what you think!!!

p.s. to my missionary friends: I am nearly done with the translation of Lesson 1. It should be up and running by the end of the week. If you could send me your e-mail addresses via private message on FB, I would love to put it up as a shared Google doc, so you can use your expertise to proofread my work if I'm not clear on something- thanks!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer Truitt said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the last two articles on modesty and adornment! I am in the process of listening to the audios. Troy and I are so excited about Nathan's website on discipling new converts. We are actually starting it at home with our kids and then are going to move on with some families in our church. I know he has spent countless hours on research and studying!! We pray God will bless him and your family in a very special way!! Jenn Truitt

The Dickinsons said...

Charity, Phillip and I appreciated what Nathan had to say about jewelry. We are learning that we need to not only teach what God says about jewelry and make-up, and live CAREFUL lives, but PRAY HARD that the Holy Spirit will work in the live's of our people and show them HIS standard.

I don't have FB to send you my email, so it's dickinsonfam (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks for your sweet comment!
Blessings,
~Heather~

Tara said...

Beautifully done, Nathan!

Liz said...

I'm doing a little thinking on this topic right now and so I came over to listen an read, since I didn't get to when you originally posted this...

Thanks & give your husband our thanks as well,
Liz