Jamie (Howard) Taylor has tagged me. I'm afraid my list won't be quite as "exotic" as yours, Jamie, but here we go.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
I was finishing up my junior year of high school, getting ready to go on TLC '98 to Bolivia. I was dating Nathan (for the first time~ there's another story there ;o)
Five things on my to do list today:1. Clean up the lunch dishes.
2. Join Nathan and Kathryn for family devotions.
3. Put Kathryn to bed.
4. Enjoy a quiet evening with Nathan
5. Nothing else~ I LOVE Sundays!
Snacks that I enjoy: Graham crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips, apple slices sprinkled with salt
What would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Have fresh flowers in my house all the time
2. Invest wisely, and use the interest to give huge anonymous gifts to ministries
3. Pay off our mortgage4. Raise the pay significantly at the Bible colleges we support
5. Hoard (gasps of horror!); My parents never had much money when I was growing up, and I watched the stress that comes from living that way. A comfy $ amount in the savings account is an easy way to achieve security here below for me. I'm not saying that that's a good thing, I'm just being honest.
Three of my bad habits:
1. Procrastinating a chore because I don't have time to do it perfectly.
2. Snacking while I cook. (I'm trying to learn to chew gum while preparing and cleaning up the dishes~ those calories from a bite here and there count, too, you know)3. Trying to fix people (just ask my poor sister ;o) I CAN be a bit of a steamroller because my personality can be a wee bit forceful.
Places I have lived: (there is a repetition here; my mom's folks live in AL, my dad's in FL)
2. Hobe Sound, Florida (when I was 3-5 years old)
3. Nixon Chapel, Alabama (until I was 10)
4. Columbus, Georgia (from 10-12, while my dad pastored the Bible Methodist Church)
5. Nixon Chapel, Alabama (from 12-18, while I finished school)
6. Hobe Sound, Florida (one year of Bible College)
7. Nixon Chapel, Alabama (less than a year while I planned my wedding)
8. Tuscaloosa, Alabama (years 1-5 of our marriage)
9. Hueytown, Alabama (since then)
Five jobs I have had:
1. Spanish translator for a GoldKist poultry plant. I did HR, switchboard, new hire orientation, translating documents, verbal translation (including one time after a food fight with chili peppers and sexual harassment cases), firing illegals, working with the INS, and just about everything else. I LOVED this job. Higher stress levels make me perform better. Funny how that quit working when I had kids ;o)
3. Working as Sidney Grant's Hispanic Ministries secretary in Hobe Sound.
4. Professional tutor for the public school system, traveling from school to school helping children who were learning English with their work.
5. Teaching Spanish I & II at Tuscaloosa Christian School for one year.
I'm tagging: Marianne, Wesley, Sylvia, Julie & Marty (if you don't have time, no worries...)