Saturday, October 02, 2010


Welcome, welcome- OCTOBER!!

I love this month! As a kid, it was more country-style Halloween-centric. We trick or treated at all the old people's houses and counted all the houses that got rolled overnight. (We never allowed to participate in the toilet paper-draping of trees- so deprived ;o)

My grown-up October has a bit different feel. Papery, drying hydrangeas, mums popping out everywhere, the smells of my favorite muffin (pumpkin chocolate chip) coming from the oven, settling into cozy sweaters, football with friends, a great bowl of white chicken chili. Yum! And books. And music. I've settled into a new love- Nathan found the amazing Lawson Rollins online and I'm enamored with the Pandora station I'm creating with Spanish classical guitar.

Today I'm steam-cleaning the carpets and cleaning the windows. The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is chilling in the frig for football tonight, and... Alex needs a diaper change (He just climbed up in my chair). Real life calls me out of autumn reverie. Post diaper change, I need to check on the laundry and do some ironing. The normal, the routine, the good. Happy fall, ya'll

No comments: