Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The best part of the dead of winter is fully a month away, and I propose to celebrate it a little at a time. I would like to suggest that time spent thinking on the amazing human experience called love can point us to the One who loved us first.

(This meditation excludes, of course, the hooking-up culture which touts its knowledge of 'love' as the most well-rounded and thorough. "50 Sex Moves Your Boyfriend Would Kill For" Please. Whatever. As if some 19 year old kid engaging in half-drunk sex with multiple partners even comes close to the joy of a lifelong monogamy. Pet peeve.) The next 14 posts will contain a variety of thoughts on love and romance.

Post #1 C.S. Lewis in God in the Dock
"Domesticity is no passport to heaven on earth but an arduous vocation - a sea full of hidden rocks and perilous ice shores only to be navigated by one who uses a celestial chart."

Barbara Bush "I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children, they just about throw up."

No comments: