Friday, July 25, 2008


Calling All Wives!

I'm giving you heads-up regarding my posts next week. I've been reading a new-to-me book that all wives should have in their library. If you don't have the $ to own it right now, run, don't walk to your nearest library and ask for an interlibrary loan if they don't have it on hand. Much of it I've heard before in some form or another, but I'm only through four chapters and I'm so challenged to be a better wife and mom.

So!!! I'm challenging you as well. You've seen how denigrated men are in our society. I'd like to proclaim a "Praise Your Man in Public" week, and challenge each of you to post a little (or large) post on your blog next week telling us all how privileged you are to be Mr. X's wife. I've seen more than my share of women's groups fall into 'bash your man' groups. And 'if you think that's bad, listen to what MINE did' groups. Ugh! Let's be godly ladies, gals, and raise our man up in the process!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm officially inspired! Look for my post soon!

Lisa Messner said...

Charity, I think that is a great idea. I will definately take you up on your suggestion!

Raylin said...

Thank you for this post! It's great! I get tired of husband-bashing women! :) Great idea!

Mary said...

I read this book several years ago and found it to be thought provoking. I'm currently reading a good book by her husband- they're both challenging writers.