Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Praising My Man

As referred to in the last post, this is my personal 'praise your man' week. Most of you know Nathan~ I have been privileged to be married to him for the past 7 years. I'd like to share a few things about him that make him my wonderful man:

~ His goal is my happiness (let's start off with my selfish side ;o). If I ask him if he's happy, he most often responds with, "Are you? If you are, then I am, too."

~ He took the early years of his adult life to study Carnegie, and people, in general. On top of his uncanny ability to psychoanalyze people, he is a brilliant conversationalist and deep thinker.

~ He is thoughtful. When he comes to bed late, he tiptoes around the room with a flashlight so he won't wake me up.

~ He is clean and orderly. Thank God from Whom all blessings flow! Cleaning up after Nathan is practically unheard of, and I'm never embarrassed to be seen with him in public.

~ He says I'm beautiful. What woman doesn't like to hear that?! And he's a 'hot hunk' (as Kathryn has been taught to say ;o), so we make quite the pair...

~ He loves our children, and sees his life goal as training/teaching them to be a part of God's kingdom.

~ He's affectionate and kind to our dog. (Don't laugh: men who kick the dog, or otherwise take out their frustration on weaker creatures scare me)

~ He's like his father. (Here's a little embedded tribute to Dad Brown: thanks so much for teaching your sons to be such great men, and I'm truly blessed to be married to a man who's often considered to be like you)

~ He is a valuable employee at his company, provides a beautiful and comfortable home for us.

~ His provision allows me to be home with the children. This is such a blessing! He could be sending me out anyways, to pull in the extra dough for an 'enhanced' lifestyle. Instead, he fully supports my role at home.

~Last, and most important, he is godly. He bows his knee to the word of God on all of life, and truly treasures his study in it. He is sensitive to God's voice, and I have full confidence in his spiritual leadership.

Some of you have posted/have said you will post a tribute to your man. Check out Messner's blog below for a sweet tribute from Lisa...

7 comments:

Lisa Messner said...

Great job Charity! You did your husband proud! I know Nathan is blessed also to have a loving, sweet wife like you! Thanks for the great idea! Lets hope other wives will do the same for their husbands. Maybe we can start a new trend?? :-)

Charity said...

Heehee~ when I had Nathan read it, he said, "It's like I'm dead and reading my eulogy~ everybody'll be like 'that's not the Nathan I know'" ;o) I told him that this is SUPPOSED to be an all positive thingie... but he was smiling!

Kim M. said...

What a sweet tribute. I think I might do this too in a couple of days :-) This is a great challenge!

I just heard Carolyn Mahaney (sp?) on Revive Our Hearts. Gotta get that book!

Misty said...

A great challenge! I am sure you made your husband proud. :-)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. Nathan is a good man and a good friend. So glad you two are a pair!

By the way, I well remember the Carnegie days. I'm laughing as I write this. As you know, Nathan does nothing halfway. He was quite the Carnegie missionary for a while!! ;-) So glad you are reaping the benefits now!

J Luck said...

Good Challenge Charity, thanks. I think I'll play!

Valorie Quesenberry said...

What a sweet idea. I'll have to try that.....